First and foremost, Beyonce's "Lemonade". Have you heard it? I have to admit that I went into it feeling a little bit over "Queen Bey". I guess I hadn't forgiven her for making me sit through her 2013 documentary. But now, I am more than willing to put that unfortunate episode behind us. "Lemonade" is incredible. The songs, the collaborations, the message, the scope. I've really enjoyed reading some of the commentary about it here, here, and here.
You can listen to it here for free for the next 26 days (album starts at 1:02:40). Otherwise, you gotta subscribe to Tidal or buy it. I'll see you back here to discuss my other favorite things this week when you're done marveling at Beyonce's amazing power :)
- The Minimalist Baker has a new cookbook out! I've also been eyeing her easy, 10-ingredient brownies.
- This is my spirit juice bar. The only problem is that it's not in Portland and the name has an unfortunate association with a band from the early 2000s.
- Yay for mesh panelled leggings!!
- I'm starting to make my own nut milk again (spoiler: there is a recipe forthcoming!) and this is next on my list of recipes to try.
- Here is a great post from These Native Goods about transitioning to a more conscious wardrobe.
- The hardest part about DIY home and bath supplies is finding good containers for what you made. How did I not know about Rail19 until now??
- Celeriac Fries with Creamy Miso Dressing from one of my favorite bloggers.
- I kind of want to try this lash enhancing serum but with the price-tag, I'm wondering if I could try making something similar myself.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I've got a bachelorette party tonight and then I'm flying off to Albuquerque tomorrow for a long-overdue visit with family and friends. What are your plans?